For Specific Questions Call CCIH on 925-299-1067
1. Where is Garden Park Apartments located?
Garden Park Apartments is located in a nice neighborhood in Pleasant Hill.
2. Who is eligible for housing at Garden Park Apartments?
Families must be homeless, have a very low income, and have one adult with a disability.
3. How much is the rent?
Families pay 30% of their gross incomes.
4. Is there a waiting list?
A waiting list is maintained for Garden Park Apartments. Eligible tenants are selected on first eligible, first serve basis.
5. How big are the apartments?
There are twenty-two one-bedroom units and five two-bedrooms apartments. The apartments range from approximately 500 to 600 square feet.
6. How many people can live in an apartment?
Regulations allow two people per bedroom plus one additional person. So, for a one bedroom apartment, three people are allowed.
7. Who can be part of my family?
Your family can consist of an eligible applicant, that person's spouse or domestic partner, and children of whom you have at least 50% legal custody.
8. Is the housing permanent?
Tenants hold a lease and can stay permanently as long as they obey the provisions of the lease.
9. Are support services free?
On-site services are free to tenants.
10. Do I need to be clean and sober?
Tenants are encouraged to remain clean and sober. Behaviors that result from substance abuse and that interfere with the health, safety, and peaceful living of other tenants are not tolerated and may lead to eviction.
11. Are pets allowed?
Only companion pets are allowed under very specific and limited circumstances.
12. Is Garden Park Apartments close to BART or County Connection bus routes?
Garden Park Apartments is within walking distance of public transportation.
13. Where do I send the application?
Mail your application to Contra Costa Interfaith Housing, 978 Second Street, Suite 240, Lafayette, California 94549.
14. How do I check on the status of my application once I have submitted it?
When apartments become available, the next eligible family on the waiting list is contacted. There is no need to contact us. However, it is important that applicants notify Garden Park Apartments at (925) 677-7480 when their contact information changes.
15. Does the apartment come furnished?
Volunteers fully furnish each apartment as needed. Tenants are also welcome to provide their own furnishings provided that items are not too large.
16. Once I'm accepted as a tenant, can I lose my housing?
Tenants sign a lease with community rules. Tenants can live at Garden Park Apartments as long as they obey the lease agreement.